Craig has over 30 years’ experience in the fire and emergency services, crisis and disaster management fields with significant Australian and International experience.
Craig joined Executive Risk Solutions following a long career in the Western Australian (WA) Government as the operational head of the State’s emergency services. In his new role he is specializing in Crisis and Emergency Management and assisting with the growing emergency response and disaster preparedness role of the WA based company that is predominantly serving large corporations, government, and the mining and resource sector. ERS was the 2015 Telstra Business of the Year.
Craig was appointed Chief Operations Officer and Chief Officer with the Fire & Emergency Services Authority of WA (FESA) in 2007 after several years in senior roles and as the statutorily appointed Chief Fire Officer. Prior to this role he had served as a firefighter and officer in a number of operational positions and roles with the WA Fire Brigades Board through to 1999. With the formation of FESA in 2000, he undertook several senior appointments including Manager Health Safety & Welfare, Director of Training & Development, Assistant Chief Operations Officer Country before taking on the Chief Operations Officer role that he fulfilled until 2011.
In his role with the Western Australian Emergency Services, Craig was responsible for the direction and management of the State’s operational capability across all hazards. It was a unique role in the emergency services industry which encompassed the Fire & Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, State Emergency Services, State Helicopter Rescue and Firefighting Aircraft, Volunteer Emergency Services and the Volunteer Marine Rescue Service.
Craig has significant knowledge and skills in the investigation of emergency management and disaster arrangements on land, sea and air through experience on the ground and at the policy setting level.
Craig has a strong track record in Disaster Management in the areas of policy development, procedural implementation, auditing and command. In his current role with Executive Risk Solutions he has access to a range of specialist advisors and consultants in the full breadth of disaster management. This includes:
- Risk Management;
- Regional Aerodrome Preparedness;
- Aerodrome Emergency Planning;
- Disaster Management Auditing;
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan development and implementation;
- Fire Safety & Emergency Evacuation Planning and Audit;
- Technology disaster recovery programs in line with international standards and best practices;
- Training and Education programs;
- Education Advisors;
- Security Services and Assessments (critical infrastructure, facilities, surveillance, information technology, close personal and executive protection, guarding, security planning and security surveillance);
- Regulatory compliance requirements, industry security standards, and contractual and service level agreements;
- Emergency Response, Security, Medical personnel and equipment; and
- Post Crisis Reviews.