Dan Wright, Executive Risk Solutions Security Operations Manager has decided to take on the Movember challenge and grow his Moustache this month to raise funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health.
Dan’s Mo week 1
I have been supporting Movember for a number of years now, starting with when I was in Iraq – where it was certainly fashionable to sport a striking moustache! As a charity, I appreciate Movember’s dedication to men’s health, but equally the support it gives to various women’s health foundations. There are a number of ways you can support a charity but growing a mo has to be one of the easiest. For the sake of 30 days’ of upper lip aggravation it is truly worth it to support a charity that advocates both physical and mental health – Dan Wright wrote.
Dan’s Mo week 2
Almost halfway there. Upper lip aggravation levels steadily increasing, yet to achieve food retention capability. Thanks to those who’ve donated so far – visit my Mo Space page if you haven’t!!
Dan’s Mo week 3
3 weeks on and the moustache is looking pretty thick !
Perfect for a mug shot ! $842 donated so far !
Dan’s Mo week 4
It is the end of Movember today, for this year anyway. 4 weeks of dedication and fund raising has led to a pretty thick, good looking moustache. Dan is very proud of himself but admitted to us that he cannot wait to shave his moustache. You still have a few hours left to donate . Help Dan with getting to the $1000 mark!!!!
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in OZ men
- Each year 20 000 + new cases are diagnosed in Australia
- More than 3200 men with prostate cancer die each year
- Testicular cancer is the 2nd most common cancer for men aged between 18 and 39
- 706 new cases were diagnosed in OZ in 2010
- 1 in 5 men will experience an anxiety disorder
- 1 in 8 will experience depression
- Suicide is the leading cause of death for men aged 15-44 years